- Two game modes: Trials Racing and Skill Games.
- In Trials Racing you have to pass various obstacle filled tracks by doing as few faults as possible. Scores with equal faults are separated by time, so it's essential to get to the goal as fast as possible.
- In Skill Games you have to ride in various extreme circumstances doing deadly stunts and tricks. For example riding inside a huge giant ball, hauling a cart filled with explosives or tumbling down stairs to break some bones. There's 12 different skill games present.
- 51 tracks total separated in 5 difficulty levels (beginner, easy, medium, hard, extreme).
- 8 tournaments: Tournament is a series of tracks played in a row, one after other. Your score is the time and faults of all tracks in the tournament added together.
- 8 different bikes: 5 trials racing bikes and 3 special skill game bikes. Beginner bikes are slower, but much easier to ride, while the advanced bikes require lots of skill to master.
- 12 challenging and fun achievements. Gamer picture rewards.
- As you pass the tracks, you unlock new difficulty levels, new bikes, new skill games, new tournaments and hidden bonus features.
- Each track has goal times and goal maximum faults. You are awarded with medals (bronze, silver, gold, platinum) as you pass the tracks and improve your scores.
- You can customize your bikes and your rider outlook in the garage. Other players watching your replays online see your customized rider/bike.
- Zero loading times (level and menu screen openings). All game content is loaded to the Xbox 360 memory at startup. No waiting required!
- Fast restart feature allows you to restart the track instantaneously with a single button press either to the track start or to the last checkpoint visited. Non-stop action!
- Checkpoint interval times show how much behind/ahead are you compared to your best run in the track.
- Local session track leaderboards allow party playing using multiple local (offline) profiles.
- Supports Xbox Live downloadable premium content. Content packs can include new tracks (racing & skill), new tournaments, new achievements and new level editor objects.
- Each trials racing track, skill game track and tournament has it's own global online leaderboard.
- Total ranking leaderboard is combined by adding the scores of all the 55 separate leaderboards together.
- The best run of 5000 top players in each leaderboard has a downloadable replay. Replays show control input of the player, so others can learn by watching replays of the best.
- Nearest friends leaderboard and their global ranking shown in level selector menu. It's easy and fast to keep up with your online rivals.
- Friend scores system allows real time in-game comparison of your current run and all your friend's best runs.
- Friend scores in racing tracks: At top of the screen you see a meter showing how much behind or ahead you are compared to the currently closest friend's top score.
- Friend scores in skill games: Markers with friends' gamertags can be seen around the level showing the positions the friends have reached in the track on their best runs.
- You can see what track or skill game other players are currently playing by looking at those players' gamer cards.
- All Trials HD online features are fully accessible with the free Xbox Live silver membership.
- Advanced physics engine allows very realistic 3d physics simulation and full physics interaction between game objects.
- Complex physics obstacles such as various vehicles, suspension bridges, elevators, explosion chains, huge structures falling down, etc.
- Objects break into pieces on intense pressure or impact.
- Over 100 different physics objects modeled to be as realistic as possible (weight contribution, friction setup, collision model and graphics outlook).
- Realistic, very painful looking bike and rider (ragdoll) crashes. Damage to all rider body parts is simulated (including broken bones and body joints).
Graphics engine features:
- Deferred renderer highly optimized for Xbox 360 architecture
- Locked always 60 fps (frames per second) tearless (vsynched) graphics output
- Floating point high dynamic range (HDR) rendering
- Real time per pixel phong lighting from all light sources
- All objects and scenery cast dynamic soft shadows
- Sophisticated 12 channel per pixel material system
- Parallax mapping on all surfaces
- Anisotropic filtering on all surfaces
- Tone mapping emulating eye iris adjustment to lighting conditions
- Post process filters: depth of field and overexposure light bloom
- Advanced GPU powered particle engine (up to 10k+ particles per frame)
- Particle per pixel lighting, dynamic shadows and proper depth ordering
- Sophisticated custom material and geometry compression algorithms allow uncompromized texture and object quality
- Fully featured level editor that offers you all the same tools, objects and physics features we have used in built in tracks.
- All the built in tracks have been done with exactly the same editor. You can create extremely complex levels if you like.
- Level editor has "simple mode" for beginners, making it easier for new players to start creating their own levels.
- Glue feature allows you to form complex physics objects by combining multiple simple objects.
- Editor has a good selection of physics constraints: axis, hinge, slider and point-to-point (hard and soft). You can for example build your own vehicles using these.
- You can place triggers around your level. Triggers can be used to activate object physics, to activate object animation or to break/explode objects.
- Camera control objects can be placed around the level to create nice cinematic camera angles.
- You have full control over sun light properties (time of day, angle, color, ambient, etc) and dust properties. There's also a good selection of light sources you can place around your level.
- You can set medal goal times and fault limits for your own track (bronze, silver, gold, platinum).
- Share your own tracks with your Xbox Live friends by using the online track sharing functionality.
- Just a single click and the track is sent to the server. You do not need to wait for your friends to be online at the same time as you are.
- You can have seven tracks uploaded on the server simultaneously. You can change the uploaded tracks quickly and easily.
- You can browse and download the tracks shared by all your friends whenever you want, even if your friends are not online.
- You can play the downloaded tracks and save them to your Xbox hard drive and your Xbox memory units.
- Level sharing is fully accessible with the free Xbox Live silver membership.
Sound and Music:
- Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound
- Sound dynamics adjusted by room size/shape (reverb) and object/camera motion (doppler)
- Physics engine triggered material to material collision sounds
- Voice overs by Brandon DiCamillo, Art Webb and Rake Yohn! (famous from TV shows such as Viva La Bam ja Jackass)
- High quality sound track
Trials 2 & Trials HD & Trials Evolution graphics engine and game programmer